Thursday, October 1, 2009

Halloween cards and other fun ideas

I have been making lots of Halloween cards and even starting to think about.....Christmas. I know, No one should think about Christmas right now...but if one must be prepared then we HAVE to think a little about Christmas. But, I so enjoy Halloween. It is the fall season, the sound of the leaves the chill in the air. The yummy candles that you burn in your houses that smell like caramel apples or other yummy treats. I love the colors of fall. The whole season is my favorite season. I am posting a couple of Halloween cards that I have made. I think I am getting ready for a neighborhood boutique that may be happening soon. I will send more details when the date gets closer. I am excited for this event to see if people like or will even buy my cards.



I also heard of a really fun activity to do with your children and it is a really inexpensive decoration to make as well. You make a eerie Halloween tree. I went to my parents house and borrowed some of their oak tree branches that to me look just a little bit more scary. Then you make 13 ornaments that are Halloween themed. Then on each day you write on the back of that ornament what you would like to do with your children that day. I wrote activities such as, go spook a neighbor, read a ghost story, decorate Halloween sugar cookies, make a Halloween craft, go to a corn maze or carve pumpkins. There are a lot of ideas that you could add. Just add anything that you and your family like to do together. Then place the branches in a can. I used a can from food storage supplies or a old coffee can would work. Decorate the outside of the can and place on a table where your children can see. Start activity 13 days before Halloween and enjoy all the fun activities that you will do as a family.



I will post a photo of mine when I am done. Happy crafting. :)

No comments: